|Business| BIR Registration for New Business - Jona Shares

|Business| BIR Registration for New Business

BIR Registration for New Business

Starting a business is not easy. There are a lot of this to accomplish especially when in comes to complying with the government. Well, who would not want to operate legally, right?

So let's start with the BIR. Sharing with you steps on registering your new business with the BIR including the necessary requirements and documents that you need to bring.

What is BIR? 

The Bureau of Internal Revenue, commonly known as the BIR is under the supervision and control of the Department of Finance. Its powers and duties shall comprehend the assessment and collection of all national internal revenue taxes, fees, and charges, and the enforcement of all forfeitures, penalties, and fines connected therewith, including the execution of judgments in all cases decided in its favor by the Court of Tax Appeals and the ordinary courts. The Bureau shall give effect to and administer the supervisory and police powers conferred to it by this Code or other laws. (Section 2 of the National Internal Revenue Code of 1997).


What are the BIR Requirements in registering a new business?

  • Accomplished BIR Form No. 1901 (Application for Registration)
  • Birth certificate (PSA issued), Cedula, the community tax certificate, Valid ID's such as passport, driver’s license, or any government-issued ID with your name, address and birthdate appearing on it.
  • Photocopy of Mayor’s Business Permit (bring the original for verification. purposes)
  • Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) Certificate
  • Accomplished BIR Form No. 0605 (Payment Form)
  • Tax Identification Number (TIN)
  • Accomplished BIR Form No. 1906 (Application for Authority to Print Receipts and Invoices)
  • Final and clear sample of principal receipts or invoices.

BIR New Business Registration Steps:

  1. Go to the BIR Revenue District Office (RDO) that holds jurisdiction over the place of your business. You can check your RDO here: Revenue District Offices. In my case, I have a different RDO because of my previous job. What you need to do is to accomplish transferring to a new RDO, in this case, the RDO for the new business.
  2. Submit the necessary requirements to the New Business Registrant Counter.
  3. Pay the annual registration fee of PHP 500, BIR-printed receipt/invoice, PHP 15 certification fee, and PHP 15 documentary tax to any authorized bank. Submit the BIR Form No. 0605 when making your payment.
  4. Submit the BIR Form 1906 to apply for Invoices/Receipts.
  5. Attend a seminar for new business registrants conducted by the RDO. This is to be scheduled upon registering. 
  6. Claim your BIR registration certificate (Form 2303), “Ask for Receipt” notice, Authority to Print, BIR-printed receipt/invoice, and an eReceipt.
  7. Once registered with the BIR, you can start filing your ITR and paying your taxes.
  8. Bring a USD so that you can get a copy of the BIR Forms for your online filing or you can download it on https://www.bir.gov.ph/index.php and click download offline EBIRForms.


I hope you will all find this post helpful. 

Will try to share a post in relation to the filing. Hopefully soon.

What else do you want to know? Also, feel free to share your experience in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post:

|TRAVEL| Discovering Brunei: The Abode of Peace

When you talk about Brunei, I am sure many would react on, why Brunei? What are you going to do there? Well, for me, ...

Bantayong Festival 2018

Bantayong Festival 2018
Bantayog Festival, Camarines Norte Festival

Travel: Siargao

Travel: Siargao
Check out the Surfing Capital of the Philippines